Friday, July 3, 2009

Bead Disappointment

Just like in all other aspects of life, I've found out that I need to be flexible with beading. I searched and searched, but the one bead that I need for my best selling seasonal picks is discontinued. GONE. NEVER TO BE FOUND AGAIN.

But luckily, I did find it. I found a seller on etsy that was destashing 45 of them. Still, even with those ordered, I'm going to have to find a similar bead for my next projects. I will have to start naming my best selling set as *Limited Edition*....which actually may not be a bad idea!


I also had a relatively large order this past week. It was very pleasant! However, this means that I needed some more supplies - which at away at all of my profit from the sale and plus some. And then I found some other cool beads that would be great on picks....and THEN I found some beads that were a really cool shape and would work well in jewelry. THEN.......I think beaders know what I'm talking about.

A very smart person on twitter corrected me, hilariously, I might add, when I mentioned that I had an addiction to beads. She says that she prefers to call it a "constructive addiction." I just may have to steal her term.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found the beads for your creations :)

    I found you by browsing Lauren Alexander's contacts. Right now I'm doing a Giveaway with one of Lauren's prints on my blog. Come take a look if you have a spare moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you on Twitter...love your work...congrats on your larger order.

    ReplyDelete