Sunday, May 24, 2009

Craft Show Disappointment

So, I had a great idea. There was the huge Memorial Day Craft show across the street from my house, so I set up my booth in my yard - I was going to make so much money!

Turns out, I was wrong. Here's what I did wrong:

1. I decided at the last minute. I didn't have time to do any advertising for my off-site booth.

2. The entrance was at the opposite end of the field - the end far away from my house.

3. People parked down my street, but many didn't stop - they were either waiting to get into the show before they started buying, or they were coming back and they were sick of shopping.

4. It was just me. I was my lone little crafter. It would be sweet if I could get some more people next year since I have a pretty big yard.

Things that I was excited about:

1. A lady in charge of another show stopped and wanted me to go to her show later this summer because of my appetizer picks.

2. I got to hang out with my mom and grandma and little sister.

3. I got some sun.

4. I did sell some stuff...and I had no booth fee to worry about.

5. Some of my students stopped by, so we got to visit outside of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment